Even more tips to increase your WiFi connection quality and range at home
Wi-Fi is one of the great developments in the evolution of the internet but sometimes it’s also one of the most frustrating. Mostly we are unable to get an uninterrupted Wi-Fi network at specific area at home. A lot of factors can cause slow Wi-Fi network or dead spots including thick walls, large distance etc. Interference is also a big problem, especially for those who live in heavily populated areas. Signals from other wireless networks and electronics can hit Wi-Fi speeds.
Slow internet with buffering creates zero tolerance when you are playing an online game or watching your favorite movie or TV series. If you’re frustrated by slow speeds, bad reception, and other Wi-Fi issues and wants to know “How to increase WiFi range?”, then we will explain you different ways to increase your WiFi connection quality and range at home.
It’s irritating when your Wi-Fi network slows down or shuts down completely, but there are a few tips that you can use to boost your Wi-Fi signal at your home and also in this section you can get answer to your query: “How to increase WiFi range?”
Tips to increase your WiFi connection quality and range at home:
- Use the Latest Wi-Fi Technologies – One of the best ways to increase your Wi-Fi network is to use up-to-date hardware. If you are running old hardware, you can’t expect the best performance. Wireless a, b, g, and n are older wireless standards, so you would be needed a wireless 802.11ac MU-MIMO router, networking card, or USB dongle with wireless AC support in your PC if you want the full speed boost. Wireless 802.11ac routers can send and receive multiple data streams simultaneously to multiple devices without bandwidth degradation.
- Optimal Router Placement – You should first check that your Wi-Fi router is placed in the right spot. The wireless router sends the Wi-Fi signals in all directions equally, more or less. Therefore, placing your wireless router as close as possible in the center of your desired coverage area can give you the best range. You can mount it on a wall, or place it on top of a shelf or a table to get a better Wi-Fi signal
- Replace Your Antenna –Replacing your router’s antenna can give you better overall wifi coverage. If you would be buying an external one, then it should be high-gain directional antenna. Point your router’s external antenna in the direction of your weak spot, and it will broadcast the signal accordingly.
- Use Power line Networking – Extending your home network with power line adapters generally provides better Wi-Fi speed and performance. Generally users have their Google search bar filled with the search of “how to make wifi faster on laptop?” All laptops come with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. If you’re having a little issue to stay connected, an external adapter may be an ideal solution. USB Wi-Fi adapters are usually better at picking up Wi-Fi signals to give you a better internet connection and speed.
- Password-Protect your network – As you know that home Wi-Fi speeds are dependent on how many people are using it at one time. A strong password can protect your network and ensure that only authorized people are using your home network.
- Set Up a Wireless Range Extender – A wireless router is only capable of broadcasting reliably up to a certain distance. If your wireless network covers a large area at your home, you need a wireless range extender also known as a wireless repeater that helps to boost your wifi signals. Wireless range extender can be used to provide internet at the dead zone areas of your home. The existing router at your home may not be able to provide proper signals in all corners of the home or office, as there is interference from walls, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices and much more. With this device, you can increase the slow speeds of your wireless connection and upgrade to a dead zone free house.
The WicommFi Range Extenders
WicommFi extender is one of the best wireless range extender that eliminate the dead zones from the house with its cutting-edge technology and you can use it in three different modes i.e. as a router, repeater as well as an access point. You can switch the mode and set it up as per your need. Its parental control can be setup with three features i.e. IP filtering, URL filtering and wireless schedule. It features with WPS setup, QR code easy setup and has Dual bands i.e. 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz with transmission speed up to 750 Mbps. You can get more details about WicommFi extender by accessing the website http://www.wicommfi.com/.