What are QR codes and what makes them great?
QR codes are used throughout a range of various marketing materials these days and have become more popular. May be you’ve never heard of a QR code or can’t see the black and white squares with unique pattern known as QR codes on products or billboards. But still, few people know about QR code and its benefits. Since QR Codes provide a direct link in the online world and produce countless possibilities to engage users in a positive way.
Overview of QR Codes:
QR codes are similar to the barcodes used by retailers to track inventory and price products at the point of sale. The only difference between the two is the amount of data they can hold or share.
QR code is two-dimensional matrix barcode that can hold thousands of alphanumeric characters of information. The QR code was developed in 1994 by a Toyota subsidiary. It contains more information like website URL’s, product description, or v-cards etc. The QR codes are used for advertising, linking printed media with online media. You can see the QR code in many places like retail stores, business cards, t-shirts, movie posters etc. You can also find this code on the Wi-Fi Range Extender. Range extender is a device to strengthen wifi signal at your home. In this article, we will provide you a quick overview of the technology and share some of the benefits of using it.
How does a QR Codes Works?
The idea behind the QR code is to create an image that can be scanned by any QR code reader application such as smart phone and translated into something more meaningful.
Basically, a QR code is an encoded piece of information. A QR code works in the same way as a barcode at the supermarket. Each QR code consists of a number of black squares and dots that represent certain pieces of information. When you scan this code using your smart phone, it translates that information into something meaningful information that can be easily understands by you. In some cases, you need to download an app in your smart phone to scan the QR code.
There are number of benefits of using QR codes that are mentioned below:
Benefits of QR code:
- You get a quick access to more information about product or service directly from your mobile.
- You can keep a digital storage in your phone and go back at anytime.
- A great benefit of QR code is that you can provide more information to users and keep this information up-to-date.
- QR code can be scanned from any direction for 360 degrees which makes them easier to read and reduces the possibility of background interference.
- The QR technology is free to use. Anyone can create a QR code & publish to desired media.
Applications of QR code:
- You can easily share an entire eBook and even multiple pieces of content that share a common link with QR coder.
- You can use Likify which is a simple service to create a QR code that links your mobile device to a fully functioning LIKE button for your Facebook page. This simplifies the process of merging your other communities with your Facebook page which is accomplished in one click.
- You can put a QR code at the end of promotional videos taking viewers to a landing page on your website.
- You can use a QR code on your business card with your contact details embedded inside the code.
Examples of great QR code usage: There are numerous examples of QR code usage, few of them are mentioned below:
- United Airlines – Many united airlines are using two dimensional QR codes as digital boarding passes.
- Google Places – You receive a logo for your place of business that includes a QR code to your company’s website, when you register your local business with Google Places. This QR code stores most relevant information such as hours of operation and current special offers.
- Non-Profit foundation- The non-profit foundation is creatively using QR codes in partnership with a local small business, and the results have been favorable for both organizations.
We hope we have managed to shed some light on QR codes and how they work. WicommFi Extender also comes with a unique QR code, which is given on the front of the extender. For wifi range extender setup, you need to download the App on your smart phone and then you can scan the given QR code.
WicommFi extender is one of the great wifi extenders that eliminate the dead zones from the house with its cutting-edge technology and you can use it in three different modes i.e. as a router, repeater as well as an access point. It features with WPS setup, QR code easy setup and has Dual bands i.e. 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz with transmission speed up to 750 Mbps. You can get more details about WicommFi extender by accessing the website http://www.wicommfi.com/.